DESCRIPTIONCairo-Dock is a pretty, light and convenient interface to your desktop, able to replace advantageously your system panel!
multi-docks, taskbar, launchers
and a lot of useful
Applets can be detached from the dock to act as desktop widgets.
Numerous ready-to-use themes are downloadable in 1 click, and can be easily customized at your convenience.
It can use hardware acceleration (OpenGL) to be very fast and low on CPU.
It's recommended to install the PLUG-INS package ( cairo-dock-plug-ins ) to have access to more views, dialogues and many plug-ins and applets.
are available :
OPTIONSYou can launch Cairo-Dock with several options :
(Note : you can use these options in one block. For example : cairo-dock -oia )
- -c, --cairo
- Force Cairo backend. Use this option if you have issue with the OpenGL mode.
- -o, --opengl
- Force OpenGL backend. Cairo-Dock with OpenGL/Hardware acceleration.
- -O, --indirect-opengl
- Use OpenGL backend with indirect rendering. There are very few case where this option should be used.
- -A, --ask-backend
- Ask again on startup which backend to use.
- -l, --log [option]
Log verbosity (options : debug, message, warning, critical, error - default is 'warning').
For example : cairo-dock -l debug
- -F, --colors
- Force to display some output messages with colors even if these messages are not displayed into a tty.
- -w, --wait
- Wait for N seconds before starting. This is useful if you notice some problems when the dock starts with the session.
- -a, --keep-above
- Force to keep the dock above other windows whatever.
- -s, --no-sticky
- Don't make the dock appear on all desktops.
- -e, --env
- Force the dock to consider this environment (gnome, xfce, etc.) - it may crash the dock if not set properly.
- -d, --dir
- Force the dock to load the configuration in this directory (default is ~/.config/cairo-dock).
- -m, --maintenance
- Allow to edit the config before the dock is started and show the config panel on startup.
- -x, --exclude
- Exclude a given plug-in from activating (it is still loaded though).
- -f, --safe-mode
- Don't load any plug-ins and show the theme manager on startup.
- -W, --metacity-workaround
- Work around some bugs in Metacity Window-Manager (invisible dialogs or sub-docks)
- -M, --modules-dir
- Ask the dock to load additional modules contained in this directory (though it is unsafe for your dock to load unofficial modules).
- -T, --testing
- For debugging purpose only. The crash manager will not be started to hunt down the bugs.
- -E, --easter-eggs
- For debugging purpose only. Some hidden and still unstable options will be activated.
- -S, --server
- Address of a server containing additional themes. This will overwrite the default server address.
- -k, --locked
Lock the dock so that any modification is impossible for users.
OTHERSome other options with an output in the terminal :
- -v, --version
- Print version and quit.
- -h, --help
- Show the help and quit.
- -C, --capuccino
Cairo-Dock makes anything, including coffee !
- Your config files are saved in this repertory. You can use '-d' option to change it.
- Data files for Cairo-Dock.
Binary files for Cairo-Dock and its plug-ins.
AUTHORMost of the Cairo-Dock project was written by Fabrice Rey (fabounet) <[email protected]>.
is currently formed by
(Fabrice Rey) and
With the help of Eduardo Mucelli for our third-party applets.
Thanks to our former developers:
as well as numerous beta testers and contributors:
lylambda, taiebot65, Franksuse64, ppmt, etc.
see the 'About' menu in the dock and this web page.
Don't hesitate to contribute to this project ;)
Please have a look at this wiki page:
BUGSYour bug is maybe a recurrent problem (black background, window at startup (use -c or -o), problem with OpenGL, etc.). Please go to:
WEBSITE< http://glx-dock.org >