SYNOPSIScfdg [options] input.cfdg [output.png/svg]
DESCRIPTIONContext Free is a system that produces images based on context-free grammars. cfdg is the command-line program to generate the actual images (in PNG or SVG format) from the input.cfdg file containing these grammars. If - is specified instead of an input file, the grammar is read from standard input. The output filename can be left out if the -o option is used. Note that the output mode (PNG or SVG) is not detected depending on the specified extension, but must be explicitly set using the -V option.
OPTIONSAll command-line options consist of a single letter, and an optional argument. A summary of options supported by cfdg is included below.
- -w width
- Set width of the output image in pixels (for PNG) or millimeters (for SVG) (default: 500).
- -h height
- Set height of the output image in pixels (for PNG) or millimeters (for SVG) (default: 500).
- -s size
- Set both width and height of the output image in pixels (for PNG) or millimeters (for SVG) to the same value.
- -s widthxheight
- Set both width and height of the output image in pixels (for PNG) or millimeters (for SVG).
- -T size
- Multiply both width and height of the tiled output image by the same amount.
- -T widthxheight
- Multiply both width and height of the tiled output image by the given amounts.
- -m maximum shapes amount
- Set the maximum number of shapes rendered (default: no maximum).
- -x minimum shape size
- Set the minimum size for a shape to be rendered in pixels/mm (default: 0.3).
- -b border size
- Set the border size: -1 for a -8 pixel border, 0 for no border, 1 for an 8 pixel border, or 2 for a variable-sized border.
- -v variation code
- Set the variation code (default: random). This code determines what the final image will look like when the input contains non-deterministic rules.
- -o filename
- Set the output filename. In this filename, %f is replaced by the animation frame number (if any), %v and %V are replaced by the variation code (in lower or upper case, respectively), and %% is replaced by a literal %.
- -a num
- Generate num animation frames at 15 fps (only possible using PNG output).
- -a timexfps
- Generate time x fps animation frames at the specified fps (only possible using PNG output).
- Zoom out during animation, when producing an animation using -a.
- Generate SVG (vector) output.
- Generate Quicktime movie output (not available in this Debian package).
- Crop image output.
- Quiet mode; suppress non-error output.
- Check the syntax of the cfdg file, then exit.
- Time output; output the time taken to render the cfdg file.
- Show summary of options.
AUTHORContext Free was written by Chris Coyne, John Horigan and Mark Lentczner.
This manual page was written by Bram Senders <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).