SYNOPSIScfdpadmin [ commands_filename | . ]
DESCRIPTIONcfdpadmin configures, starts, manages, and stops CFDP operations for the local ION node.
It operates in response to CFDP configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, cfdpadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input. If commands_filename is a period (.), the effect is the same as if a command file containing the single command 'x' were passed to cfdpadmin --- that is, the ION node's cfdpclock task and UT layer service task (nominally bputa) are stopped.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from cfdpadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in cfdprc(5).
- Successful completion of CFDP administration.
- Enter interactive CFDP configuration command entry mode.
- cfdpadmin host1.cfdprc
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.cfdprc, then terminate immediately.
- cfdpadmin .
- Stop all CFDP operations on the local node.
FILESSee cfdprc(5) for details of the CFDP configuration commands.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the cfdprc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to cfdpadmin. Otherwise cfdpadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- cfdpadmin can't attach to ION.
- There is no SDR data store for cfdpadmin to use. You should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for ION.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause cfdpadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see cfdprc(5) for details.