- SUBROUTINE CLASSQ(
- N, X, INCX, SCALE, SUMSQ )
- INTEGER INCX, N
- REAL SCALE, SUMSQ
- COMPLEX X( * )
PURPOSECLASSQ returns the values scl and ssq such that where x( i ) = abs( X( 1 + ( i - 1 )*INCX ) ). The value of sumsq is assumed to be at least unity and the value of ssq will then satisfy
1.0 .le. ssq .le. ( sumsq + 2*n ).
scale is assumed to be non-negative and scl returns the value
scl = max( scale, abs( real( x( i ) ) ), abs( aimag( x( i ) ) ) ),
scale and sumsq must be supplied in SCALE and SUMSQ respectively. SCALE and SUMSQ are overwritten by scl and ssq respectively. The routine makes only one pass through the vector X.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The number of elements to be used from the vector X.
- X (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N)
- The vector x as described above. x( i ) = X( 1 + ( i - 1 )*INCX ), 1 <= i <= n.
- INCX (input) INTEGER
- The increment between successive values of the vector X. INCX > 0.
- SCALE (input/output) REAL
- On entry, the value scale in the equation above. On exit, SCALE is overwritten with the value scl .
- SUMSQ (input/output) REAL
On entry, the value sumsq in the equation above.
On exit, SUMSQ is overwritten with the value ssq .