cleanarch [options] <keyrec-file | rollrec-file>
DESCRIPTIONcleanarch deletes old keys from a DNSSEC-Tools key archive. Key ``age'' and archives are determined by options and arguments.
Command line options and arguments allow selection of archives, keys to delete, amount of output to provide. The options are divided into three groups: archive selection, key selection, and output format. Complete information on options is provided in the OPTIONS section.
cleanarch takes a single argument (as distinguished from an option.) This argument may be either a keyrec file or a rollrec file. If the file is a keyrec file, the archive directory for its zone keyrecs are added to the list of archives to clean. If the file is a rollrec file, keyrec files for its zones are searched for the zones' archive directory, and those directories are added to the list of archives to clean. If a zone does not have an archive directory explicitly defined, then the DNSSEC-Tools default will be cleaned. The archives specified by this argument may be modified by archive-selection options.
The archive-selection options combine with the keyrec or rollrec file to select a set of archive directories to clean. (Some options can take the place of the file argument.)
The key-selection options allow the set of keys to be deleted to contain an entire archive, a particular zone's keys, or all the keys prior to a certain date.
The output-format options sets how much output will be given. Without any options selected, the names of keys will be printed as they are deleted. If the -verbose option is given, then the directories selected for searching and the keys selected for deletion will be printed. If the -dirlist option is given, then the directories selected for searching will be printed and no other action will be taken. If the -list option is given, then the keys selected for deletion will be printed and no other action will be taken.
cleanarch only cleans the archive directories; the keyrec files are left intact. The cleankrf command should be used in conjunction with cleanarch in order to have a consistent environment.
Archive-Selection OptionsThe following options allow the user to select the archives to be cleaned.
- -archive directory
- This option specifies an archive directory to be cleaned.
- This option indicates that the default archive directory (named in the DNSSEC-Tools configuration file) should be cleaned.
- -zone zone
- This option indicates that zone is the only zone whose archive will be cleaned. If the archive directory is shared by other zones then their keys may also be deleted.
Key-Selection OptionsThe following options allow the user to select the keys to be deleted.
- Deletes all keys in the selected archives. This option may not be used with any other key-selection options.
- -days days
- Deletes all keys except those whose modification date is within the days full days preceding the current day.
- -onezone zone
Only keys with zone in the key's filename are deleted.
This is intended for use in cleaning a multi-zone key archive.
This does not validate that zone is an actual zone. Any string can be used here. For example, using ``private'' will select old private key files for deletion and using ``com'' will select any filename that contains ``com''.
Options for Output ControlThe following options allow the user to control cleanarch's output.
- This option lists the selected archive directories. No other action is taken.
- This option lists the selected keys. No other action is taken.
- Display no output.
- Display verbose output.
- Displays the version information for cleanarch and the DNSSEC-Tools package.
- Display a usage message and exit.