my $encoded = Convert::Ascii85::encode($data);
my $decoded = Convert::Ascii85::decode($encoded);
use Convert::Ascii85 qw(ascii85_encode ascii85_decode);
my $encoded = ascii85_encode($data);
my $decoded = ascii85_decode($encoded);
DESCRIPTIONThis module implements the Ascii85 (also known as Base85) algorithm for encoding binary data as text. This is done by interpreting each group of four bytes as a 32-bit integer, which is then converted to a five-digit base-85 representation using the digits from ASCII 33 ("!") to 117 ("u").
This is similar to MIME::Base64 but more space efficient: The overhead is only 1/4 of the original data (as opposed to 1/3 for Base64).
- Convert::Ascii85::encode DATA
- Convert::Ascii85::encode DATA, OPTIONS
Converts the bytes in DATA to Ascii85 and returns the resulting text string.
OPTIONS is a hash reference in which the following keys may be set:
- compress_zero => 0
- By default, four-byte chunks of null bytes ("\0\0\0\0") are converted to 'z' instead of '!!!!!'. This can be avoided by passing a false value for "compress_zero" in OPTIONS.
- compress_space => 1
- By default, four-byte chunks of spaces (' ') are converted to '+<VdL'. If you pass a true value for "compress_space" in OPTIONS, they will be converted to 'y' instead.
This function may be exported as "ascii85_encode" into the caller's namespace.
- Convert::Ascii85::decode TEXT
Converts the Ascii85-encoded TEXT back to bytes and returns the resulting byte
string. Spaces and linebreaks in TEXT are ignored.
This function may be exported as "ascii85_decode" into the caller's namespace.
AUTHORLukas Mai, "<l.mai at web.de>"
BUGSPlease report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-convert-ascii85 at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Convert-Ascii85>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes.
SUPPORTYou can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command.
You can also look for information at:
- RT: CPAN's request tracker
- AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation
- CPAN Ratings
- Search CPAN
LICENSE AND COPYRIGHTCopyright 2011 Lukas Mai.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License.
See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information.