- SUBROUTINE CPBTRF(
- UPLO, N, KD, AB, LDAB, INFO )
- CHARACTER UPLO
- INTEGER INFO, KD, LDAB, N
- COMPLEX AB( LDAB, * )
PURPOSECPBTRF computes the Cholesky factorization of a complex Hermitian positive definite band matrix A. The factorization has the form
A = U**H * U, if UPLO = 'U', or
A = L * L**H, if UPLO = 'L',
where U is an upper triangular matrix and L is lower triangular.
- UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1
= 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored;
= 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The order of the matrix A. N >= 0.
- KD (input) INTEGER
- The number of superdiagonals of the matrix A if UPLO = 'U', or the number of subdiagonals if UPLO = 'L'. KD >= 0.
- AB (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDAB,N)
- On entry, the upper or lower triangle of the Hermitian band matrix A, stored in the first KD+1 rows of the array. The j-th column of A is stored in the j-th column of the array AB as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AB(kd+1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for max(1,j-kd)<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AB(1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=min(n,j+kd). On exit, if INFO = 0, the triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**H*U or A = L*L**H of the band matrix A, in the same storage format as A.
- LDAB (input) INTEGER
- The leading dimension of the array AB. LDAB >= KD+1.
- INFO (output) INTEGER
= 0: successful exit
< 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value
> 0: if INFO = i, the leading minor of order i is not positive definite, and the factorization could not be completed.
FURTHER DETAILSThe band storage scheme is illustrated by the following example, when N = 6, KD = 2, and UPLO = 'U':
On entry: On exit:
* * a13 a24 a35 a46 * * u13 u24 u35 u46
* a12 a23 a34 a45 a56 * u12 u23 u34 u45 u56
a11 a22 a33 a44 a55 a66 u11 u22 u33 u44 u55 u66 Similarly, if UPLO = 'L' the format of A is as follows:
On entry: On exit:
a11 a22 a33 a44 a55 a66 l11 l22 l33 l44 l55 l66
a21 a32 a43 a54 a65 * l21 l32 l43 l54 l65 *
a31 a42 a53 a64 * * l31 l42 l53 l64 * * Array elements marked * are not used by the routine.
Peter Mayes and Giuseppe Radicati, IBM ECSEC, Rome, March 23, 1989