SYNOPSIScynosure [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-ncolors number] [-iterations number] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONA hack similar to `greynetic', but less frenetic. The first implementation was by Stephen Linhart; then Ozymandias G. Desiderata wrote a Java applet clone. That clone was discovered by Jamie Zawinski, and ported to C for inclusion here.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 500000 (0.50 seconds.).
- -ncolors number
- Number of Colors. Default: 128.
- -iterations number
- Duration. 2 - 200. Default: 100.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2002 by Stephen Linhart, Ozymandias G. Desiderata, and Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORStephen Linhart, Ozymandias G. Desiderata, and Jamie Zawinski.