SYNOPSISdarcs-monitor [ option ... ] email recipient [ email recipient ... ] [ repository ... ]
darcs-monitor -h | --help
DESCRIPTIONdarcs-monitor reads one or more darcs(1) repositories and sends email about every change it has not previously sent an email about to the same address. To have darcs-monitor run every time someone pushes to a repository, add the following lines to _darcs/prefs/defaults.
In the above, charset should be the MIME charset that patches (including their metadata) are in, and recipient should be the email address where emails should be sent. You can specify more than one recipient by repeating the email parameter.
You can also run darcs-monitor from crontab(1) or from the command line. In those cases, it is easiest to specify the path to the repository on the command line after other arguments. In fact, you can specify more than one.
By default, mail is sent by calling /usr/sbin/sendmail. Another sendmail (1) binary can be specified by using a command-line switch.
You can customise the email by providing a template. You should put your own template in the file _darcs/third-party/darcs-monitor/email-template (you can use other files, but then you have to specify where it is). In the template you can use the following substitutions:
- the email address to which email is sent
- the Darcs-provided diff -u of the patch
- a Darcs-provided summary of changes
- the path to the repository
- the final component of the path to the repository
- the patch author
- the patch date
- the patch Darcs hash
- the patch name
- the patch comment
Also, in the template, two percent signs in sequence (%%) start a comment that extends to the end of the current line.
- -n, --dry-run
- Do not actually do anything, but do mark it done.
- Provide the location of the darcs(1) executable.
- Provide additional arguments to darcs(1), separating arguments with commas.
- Use sendmail(1) (either at /usr/sbin/sendmail or at FILE).
- -d, --max-diff=SIZE
- Only include the first SIZE bytes of the diff in the e-mail.
- Specify the MIME name of the repository's character set.
- -h, --help
- Show usage.
- Show version.
EXIT STATUSSuccess is indicated by 0, failure by any other exit status.
- The default email template. See above for the format.