SYNOPSISdbfadd xbase_file field_values...
DESCRIPTIONAdds a row to the DBF file named by xbase_file with column values given by the field_values options that follow. A NULL value is denoted by an empty argument.
- the name of an existing xBase file
- list of values to be inserted into the xBase file. You must specify a number of values equal to the number of fields the xBase file has. The order of values must also reflect the order of fields inside xBase file.
EXAMPLEdbfadd testbase.dbf REGION1 25.656 150.22
Assuming that testbase.dbf has 3 fields (NAME, AREA and VALUE), this command line will insert a new record into testbase.dbf with the value "REGION1" for NAME, '25.656' for AREA and '150.22' for VALUE field.
- Successful program execution.
- Missing xbase_file or field_values arguments.
- Failed to open xbase_file for reading and appending.
- Too few values in field_values...
DIAGNOSTICSThe following diagnostics may be issued on stdout:
Got count1 fields, but require count2