DESCRIPTIONdeb3 converts debian source packages which use series of patches from 1.0 format to new 3.0 (quilt) format while adjusting contents in debian/patches. This is run from the package top level directory. If run without argument, deb3 guesses source structure. Following formats are auto detected.
- cdbs (simple-patchsys.mk)
You can force particular conversion using argument.
- conversion for dh_quilt_patch/dh_quilt_unpatch
- conversion for dpatch
- conversion for dbs and cdbs made with -p 0 patches (default)
- conversion for dbs and cdbs made with -p 1 patches
conversion for dbs and cdbs made with -p 2 patches
TERMINATING THE CONVERSION
This deb3 program only provides a starting point. After its execution, further modifications are needed to your package. Typical changes are:
- Build-Depends: you should remove cdbs, dpatch and quilt. Instead, you should add debhelper (>= 7.0.50~)
- Add override_dh_* targets to debian/rules to address special cases.
from the debian/rules, if it uses the
dh [email protected]
You can find tutorial for packaging using this new dh [email protected] style and new 3.0 (quilt) source format in the maint-guide package. It is also available at:
COPYRIGHT(c) Osamu Aoki, 2010, GPL2+
dpatch2quilt.sh is used as the base of this program; Parts from http://blog.orebokech.com/2007/08/converting-debian-packages-from-dpatch.html
(c) gregor herrmann, 2007-2008, GPL2+
(c) Damyan Ivanov, 2007-2008, GPL2+
(c) Martin Quinson, 2008, GPL2+