- dh-make-pear [--help ] [--version ] [--rename ] [--arch any | all] [--state STATE] [--depends DEPENDS] [--maintainer MAINTAINER] [--prefix PREFIX] [--templatedir TEMPLATEDIR] [PACKAGE]
dh-make-pear creates the files required to build a debian source package from a PHP extension as it is distributed through PEAR.
The last parameter passed to dh-make-pear can be either the .tgz archive containing the php extension or the name of the extension. In the second case dh-make-pear will first download the archive from http://pear.php.net. If dh-make-pear downloads the archive itself, it will always take the most recent version.
dh-make-pear will by default create a directory named php-<pear-package-name> which will contain the debian files and the unpacked files from the extension. It will also create a symlink php-<pear-package-name>_<version>.orig.tar.gz pointing towards the original source. After creating the files you can go into then new directory and build the debian package with dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot.
dh-make-pear tries to extract as much information about the package from the file package.xml which is part of the pear extension.
Debian source packages created by dh-make-pear can later easily be updated with uscan.
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files.
- Show summary of options.
- Show version of program.
- Do not link orig.tar.gz but move the source into .orig.tar.gz.
- Set architecture of created debian source package to 'any' or 'all'. Defaults to 'all'.
- Set preferred state for downloaded package. Defaults to 'stable'.
- Adds more packages to Depends: beside php-pear.
- Sets prefix of debian source package name. Each name ends in '<pear-package-name>'. Defaults to 'php-'.
- Explicitly sets the maintainer. In most cases it will be propperly guessed by reading some of the environment variables.
- Use a different directory with templates for the debian files. Defaults to /usr/share/dh-make-php/pear.template.
DEBFULLNAME - get the real name of the maintainer
LOGNAME or USER - get the username
DEBEMAIL or EMAIL - get the email address of the user
UWE STEINMANN <[email protected]>
- Wrote this manpage for the Debian system.
Copyright © 2004-2010 Uwe Steinmann
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others).
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.