Extracts patches from .diff.gz which apply to files outside the ``debian/'' directory scope. A patch is created for each modified file. Each patch is named according to the path of the modified file, with ``/'' replaced by ``___'', and an extension of ``.patch''.
- Extract patches from filename which apply outside the ``debian/'' directory.
- Output help information and exit.
- Output version information and exit.
- Existence of this file is tested before any patch is extracted.
- debian/patches/ Patches are extracted to one of these directories. ``debian/patches/'' is preferred, if it exists. If DEB_PATCHES is present in the environment, it will override this behavior (see ``ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES'' section below).
- When defined and points to an existing directory, patches are extracted in that directory and not under ``debian/'' nor ``debian/patches/''.
Raphael Geissert <[email protected]>