- SUBROUTINE DLACON(
- N, V, X, ISGN, EST, KASE )
- INTEGER KASE, N
- DOUBLE PRECISION EST
- INTEGER ISGN( * )
- DOUBLE PRECISION V( * ), X( * )
PURPOSEDLACON estimates the 1-norm of a square, real matrix A. Reverse communication is used for evaluating matrix-vector products.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The order of the matrix. N >= 1.
- V (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N)
- On the final return, V = A*W, where EST = norm(V)/norm(W) (W is not returned).
- X (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N)
- On an intermediate return, X should be overwritten by A * X, if KASE=1, A' * X, if KASE=2, and DLACON must be re-called with all the other parameters unchanged.
- ISGN (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N)
- EST (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION
- On entry with KASE = 1 or 2 and JUMP = 3, EST should be unchanged from the previous call to DLACON. On exit, EST is an estimate (a lower bound) for norm(A).
- KASE (input/output) INTEGER
- On the initial call to DLACON, KASE should be 0. On an intermediate return, KASE will be 1 or 2, indicating whether X should be overwritten by A * X or A' * X. On the final return from DLACON, KASE will again be 0.
FURTHER DETAILSContributed by Nick Higham, University of Manchester.
Originally named SONEST, dated March 16, 1988.
Reference: N.J. Higham, "FORTRAN codes for estimating the one-norm of a real or complex matrix, with applications to condition estimation", ACM Trans. Math. Soft., vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 381-396, December 1988.