- DOUBLE PRECISION
- FUNCTION DLANHS( NORM, N, A, LDA, WORK )
- CHARACTER NORM
- INTEGER LDA, N
- DOUBLE PRECISION A( LDA, * ), WORK( * )
PURPOSEDLANHS returns the value of the one norm, or the Frobenius norm, or the infinity norm, or the element of largest absolute value of a Hessenberg matrix A.
DESCRIPTIONDLANHS returns the value
DLANHS = ( max(abs(A(i,j))), NORM = 'M' or 'm'
( norm1(A), NORM = '1', 'O' or 'o'
( normI(A), NORM = 'I' or 'i'
( normF(A), NORM = 'F', 'f', 'E' or 'e' where norm1 denotes the one norm of a matrix (maximum column sum), normI denotes the infinity norm of a matrix (maximum row sum) and normF denotes the Frobenius norm of a matrix (square root of sum of squares). Note that max(abs(A(i,j))) is not a consistent matrix norm.
- NORM (input) CHARACTER*1
- Specifies the value to be returned in DLANHS as described above.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. When N = 0, DLANHS is set to zero.
- A (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDA,N)
- The n by n upper Hessenberg matrix A; the part of A below the first sub-diagonal is not referenced.
- LDA (input) INTEGER
- The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(N,1).
- WORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)),
where LWORK >= N when NORM = 'I'; otherwise, WORK is not