SYNOPSISpackage require Tcl 8.4
package require doctools::idx::export::wiki ?0.2?
package require doctools::text
export serial configuration
DESCRIPTIONThis package implements the doctools keyword index export plugin for the generation of wiki markup.
This is an internal package of doctools, for use by the higher level management packages handling keyword indices, especially doctools::idx::export, the export manager.
Using it from a regular interpreter is possible, however only with contortions, and is not recommended. The proper way to use this functionality is through the package doctools::idx::export and the export manager objects it provides.
APIThe API provided by this package satisfies the specification of the docidx export plugin API version 2.
- export serial configuration
- This command takes the canonical serialization of a keyword index, as specified in section Keyword index serialization format, and contained in serial, the configuration, a dictionary, and generates wiki markup encoding the index. The created string is then returned as the result of the command.
WIKI MARKUPThe basic syntax of the wiki markup generated by this plugin are described at http://wiki.tcl.tk/14.
The plugin goes beyond the classic markup to generate proper headers and either a table or indented list of the keywords and their references.
CONFIGURATIONThe wiki export plugin recognizes the following configuration variables and changes its behaviour as they specify.
- dictionary map
This standard configuration variable contains a dictionary mapping
from the symbolic files names in manpage references to the actual
filenames and/or urls to be used in the output.
Url references and symbolic file names without a mapping are used unchanged.
- enum style
- This variable recognizes two values as legal, list (default), and table. Depending on the value the plugin generates either a list- or table-based wiki page for the index.
Note that this plugin ignores the standard configuration variables user, file and format, and their values.
KEYWORD INDEX SERIALIZATION FORMATHere we specify the format used by the doctools v2 packages to serialize keyword indices as immutable values for transport, comparison, etc.
We distinguish between regular and canonical serializations. While a keyword index may have more than one regular serialization only exactly one of them will be canonical.
- regular serialization
- An index serialization is a nested Tcl dictionary.
- This dictionary holds a single key, doctools::idx, and its value. This value holds the contents of the index.
The contents of the index are a Tcl dictionary holding the title of
the index, a label, and the keywords and references. The relevant keys
and their values are
- The value is a string containing the title of the index.
- The value is a string containing a label for the index.
The value is a Tcl dictionary, using the keywords known to the index
as keys. The associated values are lists containing the identifiers of
the references associated with that particular keyword.
Any reference identifier used in these lists has to exist as a key in the references dictionary, see the next item for its definition.
The value is a Tcl dictionary, using the identifiers for the
references known to the index as keys. The associated values are
2-element lists containing the type and label of the reference, in
Any key here has to be associated with at least one keyword, i.e. occur in at least one of the reference lists which are the values in the keywords dictionary, see previous item for its definition.
The type of a reference can be one of two values,
- The identifier of the reference is interpreted as symbolic file name, refering to one of the documents the index was made for.
- The identifier of the reference is interpreted as an url, refering to some external location, like a website, etc.
- canonical serialization
The canonical serialization of a keyword index has the format as
specified in the previous item, and then additionally satisfies the
constraints below, which make it unique among all the possible
serializations of the keyword index.
- The keys found in all the nested Tcl dictionaries are sorted in ascending dictionary order, as generated by Tcl's builtin command lsort -increasing -dict.
- The references listed for each keyword of the index, if any, are listed in ascending dictionary order of their labels, as generated by Tcl's builtin command lsort -increasing -dict.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACKThis document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
KEYWORDSdoctools, export, index, serialization, wiki
CATEGORYText formatter plugin
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <[email protected]>