int dpns_delete (const char *path)
DESCRIPTIONdpns_delete logically deletes a DPNS file entry in the name server. The file can be recovered by using dpns_undelete as long as a the reclaim utility has not been run on the corresponding tape volume.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current DPNS directory or the full DPNS pathname.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- path is a directory.
- The named file does not exist or is a null pathname.
Search permission is denied on a component of the
prefix or write permission is denied on the parent directory or
the parent has the sticky bit S_ISVTX set and
the effective user ID of the requestor does not match the owner ID of the file and
the effective user ID of the requestor does not match the owner ID of the directory and
the file is not writable by the requestor and
the requestor does not have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team