dpns_DIR *dpns_opendir (const char *path)
DESCRIPTIONdpns_opendir opens a DPNS directory in the name server to be used in subsequent dpns_readdir operations. A dpns_DIR structure and a buffer to cache the directory entries are allocated in the client API.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current DPNS directory or the full DPNS pathname.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns a pointer to be used in the subsequent directory function calls if the operation was successful or NULL if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or read permission is denied on path.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team