int dpns_readlink (const char *path, char *buf, size_t bufsiz)
DESCRIPTIONdpns_readlink reads the value of a symbolic link in the DPNS Name Server.
- specifies the link name relative to the current DPNS directory or the full DPNS pathname.
- points at a buffer to receive the value.
- gives the buffer size.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns the number of characters put in the buffer if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The named link does not exist or is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix.
- path or buf is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- path is not a symbolic link.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team