Other Aliasdrmaa_run_bulk_jobs, drmaa_get_next_job_id, drmaa_get_num_job_ids, drmaa_release_job_ids
- char *job_id, size_t job_id_len, drmaa_job_template_t *jt, char *error_diagnosis, size_t error_diag_len
- drmaa_job_ids_t **jobids, drmaa_job_template_t *jt, int start, int end, int incr, char *error_diagnosis, size_t error_diag_len
- drmaa_job_ids_t *values, char *value, int value_len
- drmaa_job_ids_t *values, int *size
- drmaa_job_ids_t *
DESCRIPTIONdrmaa_run_job() submits an Grid Engine job with attributes defined in the DRMAA job template jt. On success up to job_id_len bytes of the job identifier are returned into the buffer, job_id. Note the effect of the SGE_DRMAA_ALLOW_JOB_ERROR_STATE environment variable, as below.
drmaa_run_bulk_jobs()The drmaa_run_bulk_jobs() submits a Grid Engine array job very much as if the option `-t start-end:incr' had been used along with the additional attributes defined in the DRMAA job template, jt. The same constraints regarding value ranges are also in effect for the parameters start, end, and incr as for -t. On success a DRMAA job id string vector containing job identifiers for each array job task is returned into jobids. The job identifiers in the job id string vector can be extracted using The number of identifiers in the job id string vector can be determined using Note that this function is only available in the 1.0 implementation. The caller is responsible for releasing the job id string vector returned into jobids using
drmaa_get_next_job_id()Each time drmaa_get_next_job_id() is called it returns into the buffer, value, up to value_len bytes of the next entry stored in the DRMAA job id string vector, values. Once the job ids list has been exhausted, DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_MORE_ELEMENTS is returned.
drmaa_get_num_job_ids()The drmaa_get_num_job_ids() returns into size the number of entries in the DRMAA job ids string vector. This function is only available in the 1.0 implementation.
drmaa_release_job_ids()The drmaa_release_attr_job_id() function releases all resources associated with the DRMAA job id string vector, values. This operation has no effect on the actual Grid Engine array job tasks.
- Specifies the location of the Grid Engine standard configuration files.
If set, specifies the default Grid Engine cell to be used. To address a Grid Engine
cell Grid Engine uses (in the order of precedence):
The name of the cell specified in the environment
variable SGE_CELL, if it is set.
The name of the default cell, i.e. default.
- The name of the cell specified in the environment variable SGE_CELL, if it is set.
- If set, specifies that debug information should be written to stderr. In addition the level of detail in which debug information is generated is defined.
- If set, specifies the tcp port on which is expected to listen for communication requests. Most installations will use a services map entry instead to define that port.
- If set, in case of job errors the job will enter the error state. By default DRMAA jobs are not allowed to enter the job error state since an error state does not exist in DRMAA, so jobs with, say, a wrong input path specification, must fail when doing drmaa_wait().
RETURN VALUESUpon successful completion, drmaa_run_job(), drmaa_run_bulk_jobs(), and drmaa_get_next_job_id() return DRMAA_ERRNO_SUCCESS. Other values indicate an error. Up to error_diag_len characters of error related diagnosis information is then provided in the buffer error_diagnosis.
ERRORSThe drmaa_run_job(), drmaa_run_bulk_jobs(), and drmaa_get_next_job_id() functions can fail with:
- Unexpected or internal DRMAA error, like system call failure, etc.
- Could not contact DRM system for this request.
- The specified request is not processed successfully due to authorization failure.
- The input value for an argument is invalid.
- Failed because there is no active session.
- Failed allocating memory.
The drmaa_run_job() and drmaa_run_bulk_jobs() functions can fail with:
- The DRM system indicated that it is too busy to accept the job. A retry may succeed, however.
- The DRM system rejected the job. The job will never be accepted due to DRM configuration or job template settings.
The drmaa_get_next_job_id() function can fail with:
- When there are no more entries in the vector.