dt-getname [options] address
DESCRIPTIONThis utility is a command-line wrapper around the val_getnameinfo() function. It invokes the val_getnameinfo() function with the given command-line arguments and displays the returned host and service information for the given node name, with a validation status value.
The exit status for this program is 1 if the answer received is trusted, 2 if the answer received is validated, and -1 for an error. The program returns 0 if no validation was performed or if the result was neither trusted nor validated. The trusted and validated status values are obtained using the val_istrusted() and val_isvalidated() functions from libval(3).
- -p, --port
- Use the supplied port. If a port is specified, service information is not looked up.
- Use the NI_NOFQDN flag.
- Use the NI_NUMERICHOST flag.
- Use the NI_NAMEREQD flag.
- Use the NI_NUMERICSERV flag.
- Use the NI_DGRAM flag.
- -o, --output=<debug-level>:<dest-type>[:<dest-options>]
<debug-level> is 1-7, corresponding to syslog levels ALERT-DEBUG
<dest-type> is one of file, net, syslog, stderr, stdout
<dest-options> depends on <dest-type>
file:<file-name> (opened in append mode)
syslog[:facility] (0-23 (default 1 USER))
- -h, --help
- Display the help and exit.