SYNOPSISdtn2admin [ commands_filename ]
DESCRIPTIONdtn2admin configures the local ION node's routing of bundles to endpoints whose IDs conform to the dtn endpoint ID scheme. dtn is a non-CBHE-conformant scheme. The structure of dtn endpoint IDs remains somewhat in flux at the time of this writing, but endpoint IDs in the dtn scheme historically have been strings of the form "dtn://node_name[/demux_token]", where node_name normally identifies a computer somewhere on the network and demux_token normally identifies a specific application processing point. Although the dtn endpoint ID scheme imposes more transmission overhead than the ipn scheme, ION provides support for dtn endpoint IDs to enable interoperation with other implementations of Bundle Protocol.
dtn2admin operates in response to ``dtn'' scheme configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, dtn2admin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from dtn2admin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in dtn2rc(5).
- "0" Successful completion of "dtn" scheme administration.
- "1" Unsuccessful completion of "dtn" scheme administration, due to inability to attach to the Bundle Protocol system or to initialize the "dtn" scheme.
- Enter interactive ``dtn'' scheme configuration command entry mode.
- dtn2admin host1.dtn2rc
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.dtn2rc, then terminate immediately.
FILESSee dtn2rc(5) for details of the DTN scheme configuration commands.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the dtn2rc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to dtn2admin. Otherwise dtn2admin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- dtn2admin can't attach to BP.
- Bundle Protocol has not been initialized on this computer. You need to run bpadmin(1) first.
- dtn2admin can't initialize routing database.
- There is no SDR data store for dtn2admin to use. Please run ionadmin(1) to start the local ION node.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause dtn2admin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see dtn2rc(5) for details.