SYNOPSISdtpcadmin [ commands_filename | . ]
DESCRIPTIONdtpcadmin configures, starts, manages, and stops DTPC operations for the local ION node.
It operates in response to DTPC configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, dtpcadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input. If commands_filename is a period (.), the effect is the same as if a command file containing the single command 'x' were passed to dtpcadmin --- that is, the ION node's dtpcclock task and dtpcd task are stopped.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from dtpcadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in dtpcrc(5).
- Successful completion of DTPC administration.
- Enter interactive DTPC configuration command entry mode.
- dtpcadmin host1.dtpc
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.dtpc, then terminate immediately.
- dtpcadmin .
- Stop all DTPC operations on the local node.
FILESSee dtpcrc(5) for details of the DTPC configuration commands.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the dtpcrc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to dtpcadmin. Otherwise dtpcadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- dtpcadmin can't attach to ION.
- There is no SDR data store for dtpcadmin to use. You should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for ION.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause dtpcadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see dtpcrc(5) for details.