SYNOPSISdvdwizard [options] mpeg-file [mpeg-file2 ...]
DESCRIPTIONDVDwizard is a wrapper-script which incorporates a fully automated creation of a DVD-structure with chapters and menus from one or more mpeg-streams. This is done by several "sub-scripts" and various freely available tools.
- -C | --config-file filename
- filename of dvdwizard-configuration file [~/.config/dvdwizard/dvdwizard.conf]
- -o | --output directory
- Path where the final DVD will be stored [BASEDIR/dvd]
- -x | --xml filename
- Print dvdauthor XML-specs into this file [BASEDIR/dvdwizard.xml]
- -l | --logfile filename
- Write Log-Messages to this file [BASEDIR/dvdwizard.log]
- -y | --yes
- Allow all target directories to be overwritten
- -D | --debug
- Logging with console debug infos
- -h | --help
- print this lot out
- -v | --version
- print version and exit
- --restart step
- Do not start from beginning but from step. Step may be dvdcpics, mk_vmgm, mk_vtsm, author.
- Do not author final DVD, only create menus and xml and remove temp. DVD structure.
Like --xmlonly, but keep temporary DVD structure.
- -T | --vmgm string
- Titlestring for the whole DVD; if not specified no title will be printed on the main menu.
- -N | --tvnorm <norm>
- TV-Norm to use. Norm may be PAL or NTSC. [PAL]
- -V | --tvsize WidexHeight
- Visible Area on TV-Screen. [660x530]
- -M | --menu language
- Define language to use in menu items [en]. Strings are defined in config file.
- -WS <option>
- Widescreen-Option for whole DVD may be nopanscan or noletterbox. Can be overwritten by -ws for a specific titleset.
- -P | --palette filename
- Name of palette file, needed i.e. for subpictures.
- -A | --Audio lang[,lang2,...]
- Language for audiotracks [en]. Languages are applied to audiotracks in order they appear in the mpeg stream. Applies to all titlesets on the DVD, can be overwritten by -a for a specific titleset.
- -I | --intro filename
- MPEG-File to be played when inserting the DVD in the player.
- -L | --loop value
Playback mode of the DVD. Possible values are:
- return to vmgm menu after each title,
- display vmgm menu before the first and after the last title,
- display vmgm menu only before first title and loop all titles endlessly,
- num is a value between 1 and 9. Suppress vmgm menu and loop all titles endlessly, starting from specified title.
- -MS | --vmgmsound filename
- Soundfile to be used as background sound for all menus (may be overwritten for specific titlesets with -ms|--vtsmsound). If empty, a silent audio track will be produced. Can be any format, ffmpeg recognizes and will be converted to ac3, if necessary.
- -W | --pause number
Wait a number of seconds as pause at the end of each titleset.
- -t | --vts string
- Create a new titleset on the DVD with the subsequent options and mpeg-files. -t must be followed by a filename or a string or the word "auto". "auto" determines title-string from filename of first mpeg-file, if -t is followed by an existing filename, that file is considered to be the first mpeg in this titleset, else the string is used as movie title for this titleset.
- -c | --chapters <spec>
- Chapter-Specification may be 0|file|timecodes|interval.  0 means no chaptering except for different mpeg-files.
- -b | --vtsmbg filename
- Filename of background picture for all menus concerning this titleset.
- -ar | --aspect <aspectratio>
- Aspect-Ratio-Option aspectratio for correcting detected value of video stream. May be 4:3 or 16:9.
- -ws <option>
- Widescreen-Option may be nopanscan or noletterbox for this titleset.
- -a | --audio lang[,lang2,...]
- Language for audiotrack of this titleset. [en]
- -s | --subpic lang1[,lang2,...]
- Pass subpicture information to dvdauthor.This is a string like "en" for english, "de" for german etc. More Languages by Comma Separation, i.e. "-s de,en". Each language may be followed by an optional "+hi" to indicate a subpicture track for hearing impaired, i.e. "-s de,de+hi".
- -i | --info filename
- Points to a text file containing description and the like for the movie.
- -ms | --vtsmsound filename
- see -MS, but only applies to this titleset.
EXAMPLESEvery new -t creates a new titleset on the DVD. Subsequent options -c, -b, -a, -ar and mpeg-file(s) apply only to that titleset. To create a DVD with two titlesets and a special background, use for example:
dvdwizard -t auto -c 30 title1.mpg \
-t auto -b bckgrnd.ppm title2.mpg
NOTESBASEDIR defaults to the current directory if not stated otherwise in the config file (either default ~/.config/dvdwizard/dvdwizard.conf or specified with the -C option).
For more information, sources and executables of DVDwizard see at the homepage http://sf.net/projects/dvdwizard.
AUTHORDVDwizard was written by Wolfgang Wershofen <itconsult at wershofen.de>. Since 2009 DVDwizard will be developed by Joo Martin <joomart2009 at users.sf.net>.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.