ReservedCacheNodesOfferingId [--cache-node-count value ]
[--reserved-cache-node-id value ] [General Options]
Purchases a reserved cache node offering. For a one-time up-front fee, you
receive guaranteed access to one or more cache nodes at a reduced hourly
The unique identifier of the offering to purchase. To see available
offerings, use elasticache-describe-reserved-cache-nodes-offerings. You
can also set this value using "--reserved-cache-nodes-offering-id".
-c, --cache-node-count VALUE
Number of cache nodes to reserve. Defaults to 1.
-i, --reserved-cache-node-id VALUE
The unique identifier of the purchased reservation.
Location of the file with your AWS credentials. This value can be set by
using the environment variable 'AWS_CREDENTIAL_FILE'.
Specify a connection timeout VALUE (in seconds) for API calls. The
default value is '30'.
If an error occurs while --debug is used, it will display information
useful for debugging the problem. The default value is 'false'.
What delimiter to use when displaying delimited (long) results.
If you are displaying tabular or delimited results, it includes the
column headers. If you are showing xml results, it returns the HTTP
headers from the service request, if applicable. This is off by default.
-I, --access-key-id VALUE
Specify the AWS Access ID to use.
Specify region VALUE as the web service region to use. This value can be
set by using the environment variable 'EC2_REGION'.
-S, --secret-key VALUE
Specify the AWS Secret Key to use.
Show empty fields and rows, using a "(nil)" value. The default is to not
show empty fields or columns.
Displays the URL used by the tools to call the AWS Service. The default
value is 'false'.
--show-table, --show-long, --show-xml, --quiet
Specify how the results are displayed: tabular, delimited (long), xml, or
no output (quiet). Tabular shows a subset of the data in fixed
column-width form, while long shows all of the returned values delimited
by a character. The xml is the raw return from the service, while quiet
suppresses all standard output. The default is tabular, or 'show-table'.
-U, --url VALUE
This option will override the URL for the service call with VALUE. This
value can be set by using the environment variable 'AWS_ELASTICACHE_URL'.
Reserves one cache node from offering o-12345678
$PROMPT>elasticache-purchase-reserved-cache-nodes-offering o-12345678 -i reservationId
Reserves five cache nodes from offering o-12345678
$PROMPT>elasticache-purchase-reserved-cache-nodes-offering o-12345678 -i reservationId -c 5
This command returns a table that contains the following:
* ReservationId - Unique identifier of the reservation.
* OfferingId - Offering identifier for the reservation. This column appears
only in the --show-long view.
* Type - Type of cache nodes to which the reservation applies.
* Start Time - Time at which the reservation began.
* Duration - Length of the reservation period in years.
* Fixed Price - Fixed price charged for each cache node in this reservation.
* Usage Price - Hourly price to run each reserved cache node.
* Count - Number of cache nodes reserved.
* State - Payment status.
* Description - Indicates the cache engine for the reservation.
* Offering Type - Offering type for the reservation.
* Amount - Recurring price charged to run this reserved cache node.
* Frequency - The frequency at which the amount is charged to run this
reserved cache node.
Output with column headers