SYNOPSISeppfpga [ -vh ] [-p portaddr] [-m modestr] [-t test]
DESCRIPTIONeppfpga is the configuration and diagnostics utility for the Baycom EPP modem. It can be used to download the FPGA ``firmware'' or to execute various tests. This utility is also needed during ifconfig bcex up and therefore should reside in /sbin.
OPTIONSeppfpga accepts the following options:
- Display an overview of the available command line parameters and exit.
- Increases the verbosity of the output. May be cumulated.
- Specifies the base address of the EPP capable parallel port to which the modem is connected. Use the 0x prefix to specify hexadecimal numbers.
- Specifies various ``firmware'' options.
Execute the named test. Tests may be stopped by pressing
- uses FPGA internal clock; don't use if an external oscillator is on board.
- uses the external oscillator; recommended if the internal modem is used, as the frequency of the FPGA oscillator is not accurate enough.
- uses the internal modem
- uses a DF9IC type modem connected to the high speed modem connector
- sets the clock divider for the internal modem (baud=fquartz/16/divider)
- sets an internal modem loopback
- allows extended status readback
- disallows extended status readback
- mutes modulation signal output when PTT is off (default)
modulation signal is continuously output
- tests the on board SRAM using boundary scan
- tests the on board LED's using boundary scan; disconnect PTT during the test.
- tests the on board DAC using boundary scan
- tests the CON and STA leds using EPP address write
- tests the CON and STA leds using fast EPP address write
- performs a BER test using the complete adapter. An external loopback is required.
- performs a BER test using the complete adapter. Also prints out the received bits. An external loopback is required.
- frequency counter using the check firmware
- fast DAC test using the check firmware
- fast RAM test using the check firmware
LED test using the check firmware
AUTHOReppfpga was written by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA ([email protected]).