fishd - universal variable daemon
DescriptionThe fishd daemon is used to load, save and distribute universal variable information. fish automatically connects to fishd via a socket on startup.
fishd is started and stopped automatically.
The following options are available if starting fishd manually:
- -h or --help displays this help message and then exits
- -v or --version displays the current fish version and then exits
- ~/.config/fish/fishd.MACHINE_ID - permanent storage location for universal variable data. MACHINE_ID is generally based on the machine's MAC address.
The data is stored as a set of set and set_export commands such as would be parsed by fishd. The file must always be stored in YAML format. If an instance of fishd is running (which is generally the case), manual modifications to ~/.fishd.MACHINE_ID will be lost. Do NOT edit this file manually!
- /tmp/fishd.socket.USERNAME - the socket which fishd uses to communicate with all clients.
- /tmp/fishd.log.USERNAME - the fishd log file