- freeplane [-X menukey] [-S] [-N] [-h] [-U] [--help] [file1] [file2] [...]
Occupying the middle ground between an editor and a diagramming tool, Freeplane allows the user to add content as quickly and naturally as they would in a text editor, yet producing structured content that can be manipulated as easily as a diagram.
Features include ordering ideas in nodes and freely positionable nodes, connecting nodes, automatic/conditional styles, scripting, add-ons, LaTeX, search/filtering, different export features, printing, password protection of nodes/maps and more.
See http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page for a full list of applications and features.
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in the Help menu and the Freeplane wiki (http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page).
- execute menu item with key menukey. Use devtools add-on to find the menu keys
- stop after executing menu items
- set the 'nonInteractive' system property to 'true'
- set the freeplane user config directory
- Show summary of options.
You can find more detailed descriptions of all command line options and environment variables as well as help for batch execution commands (-X/-S/-N) in the Wiki page: http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Command-line_options
- Set Java Properties, e.g. set the freeplane user config directory: JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.freeplane.userfpdir=$HOME/.myfp freeplane
- Start Freeplane in debug mode (if you have problems starting): DEBUG=true freeplane
NEW FEATURES IN 1.3.X
- You can rearrange and (un-)dock Mindmap windows.
- You can make use of LaTeX formulas within each node by using a \latex prefix or by setting Format=LaTeX. Automatic linebreaks as well as syntax highlighting is supported. Read more here: http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/LaTeX_in_Freeplane
- You can associate a geographical location with a node. See more information in the wiki: http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Open_Street_Map_Plugin
Scripting and Add-on improvements
See the list of available add-ons: http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Add-ons
If you want to get started developing add-ons, post in the forum: http://www.freeplane.org/discussion
Many more improvements...
- Please see the changelog at /usr/share/doc/freeplane/changelog.gz.
- • There are rendering issues (probably due to OpenJDK), i.e. distortions when scrolling horizontally or vertically. Possible workarounds are described on a wiki page: http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Rendering_Issues
- • Sometimes keypresses get lost when running ibus-daemon: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=714524
- • The Debian package does not include the signed applet code. That's why m[blue]most applets won't runm after creating an applet export from the Debian package. You can ask for the signed applet in the open discussion forum: http://www.freeplane.org/discussion
- • The Freeplane flash export has been excluded, because Debian devs (among them the flash compiler package maintainer) prefer free technologies. You can ask for the 'freeplane-flash-browser' deb in the open discussion forum: http://www.freeplane.org/discussion
This manual page was written by Eric Lavarde <[email protected]> for the Debian(TM) system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.
Copyright © 2015 Eric Lavarde and Felix Natter
most applets won't run