RF front-end center frequency and sampling rate calibration tool.
front-end-cal -config_file=<path-to-configuration-file> [OPTION]...
front-end-cal is a calibration tool for some DVB-T receivers based on the Taiwan's Realtek RTL2832U chipset, sold in form of USB dongles that allow users to watch over-the-air DVB-T European broadcast television on their personal computers, to be used as GNSS front-ends.
Normally, those devices send partially-decoded MPEG transport frames over the USB, but exploiting an undocumented mode of operation of the demodulator chip, the user is able to obtain raw I&Q samples, stream them through USB to a personal computer and then use gnss-sdr, turning the DVB-T receiver into a GNSS receiver and delivering position in real-time.
The crystal oscillator that ships with the RTL2832U family devices exhibits limited accuracy to be used as a GNSS receiver front-end without previous calibration. front-end-cal implements the algorithm proposed in , and it requires Internet access since it retrieves Assisted GPS data from SUPL servers.
front-end-cal is able to work with raw data files or, if there is computational power enough, in real time with suitable radio frequency front-ends. The whole receiver is defined in a single configuration file, and therefore users can define theirs.
takes the following options:
- -config_file=<path-to-configuration-file> Set the configuration file.
- -signal_source=<path-to-raw-signal-file> If defined, path to the file containing the signal samples (overrides the data file specified in the configuration file).
- -log_dir=<path-to-directory> If defined, overrides the default directory where logs are saved.
- -version Print program version and exit.
- -help Print all the available commandline flags and exit.
No known bugs.
Javier Arribas ([email protected]
This software has been developed at CTTC (Centre Tecnologic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya, http://www.cttc.es)
with contributions from around the world.