DESCRIPTIONSample statistics. Compute mean, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, average deviation, minimum, maximum, median (if option -m is specified) and number of valid observations. Option -O allows one to select specific statistics. With option -t statistics are printed for each column of data separately. A header line is added with the meaning of the different columns. The mode is computed using the Half-Sample method.
- add the sample median to the estimated statistics
- print statistics for each column of input
- short: mean std skew kurt adev min max (median) num
- select output: mean,std,skew,kurt,adev,min,max,median,num,mode
- specify the input fields separators (default " \t")
- -h this help
- gbstat -O median,kurt < file
- compute the median and the kurtosis of all the data in 'file'
- gbstat -ts < file
- compute statistics for each columns separately. Since option -s is provided, the header is omitted.
AUTHORWritten by Giulio Bottazzi
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <[email protected]>
Package home page <http://cafim.sssup.it/~giulio/software/gbutils/index.html>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001-2015 Giulio Bottazzi This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (version 2) as published by the Free Software Foundation;
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.