- off_t gd_nframes(DIRFILE *dirfile);
If no vector fields are defined in the database, gd_nframes() returns zero and succeeds.
The dirfile argument must point to a valid DIRFILE object previously created by a call to gd_open(3).
RETURN VALUEUpon successful completion, gd_nframes() returns the number of frames in the dirfile. On error, it returns zero and sets the dirfile error to a non-zero error value. Possible error values are:
- The library was unable to allocate memory.
- The supplied dirfile was invalid.
- An attempt to determine the (unencoded) size of the data file associated with the reference field failed.
- The size of the decoded data file associated with the reference field could not be not be determined because its encoding was not understood.
- The size of the decoded data file associated with the reference field could not be not be determined because its encoding was not supported.