int genders_testattr(genders_t handle, const char *node, const char *attr, char *val, int len);
int genders_testattrval(genders_t handle, const char *node, const char *attr, const char *val);
DESCRIPTIONgenders_testattr() tests if the node pointed to by node contains the attribute pointed to by attr. If node is NULL, the current node is tested. If the attribute is found, its value is stored in the buffer pointed to by val. len should indicate the length of the buffer. If the attribute value is not needed, val can be set to NULL.
To avoid passing in an attribute value buffer that is not large enough to store the attribute value, genders_getmaxvallen(3) should be used to determine the minimum buffer size that should be used.
genders_testattrval() tests if the node pointed to by node
contains the attribute pointed to by attr and if that attribute
is equal to the attribute value pointed to by val. If val
is NULL, only the attribute is tested.
RETURN VALUESFor genders_testattr(), if the node contains the attribute, 1 is returned. 0 is returned if the node does not contain the attribute.
For genders_testattrval(), if the node contains the attribute and it is equal to the attribute value, 1 is returned. 0 is returned if the node does not contain the attribute, or if the attribute is not equal to the attribute value.
For both genders_testattr() and genders_testattrval(), -1
is returned on error, and an error code is returned in handle.
The error code can be retrieved via
, and a description of the error code can be retrieved via
Error codes are defined in genders.h.
- The handle parameter is NULL. The genders handle must be created with genders_handle_create(3).
- genders_load_data(3) has not been called to load genders data.
- The buffer pointed to by val is not large enough to store the attribute value.
- An incorrect parameter has been passed in.
- The node pointed to by node cannot be found in the genders file or if node=NULL, the machine genders is running on is not listed in the genders database.
handle has an incorrect magic number. handle does not
point to a genders handle or handle has been destroyed by