- int get_phy_id(struct mii_bus * bus, int addr, u32 * phy_id, bool is_c45, struct phy_c45_device_ids * c45_ids);
- the target MII bus
- PHY address on the MII bus
- where to store the ID retrieved.
- If true the PHY uses the 802.3 clause 45 protocol
- where to store the c45 ID information.
In the case of a 802.3-c22 PHY, reads the ID registers of the PHY at addr on the bus, stores it in phy_id and returns zero on success.
In the case of a 802.3-c45 PHY, get_phy_c45_ids is invoked, and its return value is in turn returned.