The tool ggzduedit, which is an abbreviation of User Editor, provides access to the database of the GGZ server, ggzd. It can be used to view the list of currently registered users, as well as add new ones or delete some registrations. The options allow to pass the database connection options or file locations to ggzduedit, for example in the presence of multiple instances of the server. Usually however, the server database configuration can be read in by the tool from the file ggzd.conf, so no command line options are required.
- -d, --datadir=DATADIR
- The data directory where the local database files is located. This options is used for ggzd installations which are configured to use libdb (2/3/4) or sqlite as their database backend.
- -D, --dbname=DBNAME
- Name of the database. This option is for SQL database backends.
- -H, --host=HOST
- Name of the host the database server runs on. This option is for SQL database backends.
- -u, --username=USERNAME
- Username which is used for the connection. This option is for SQL database backends.
- -p, --password=[PASSWORD]
- Password corresponding to the user. It is strongly recommended to leave out PASSWORD and let ggzduedit request it interactively. This option is for SQL database backends.
- -h, --help
- Display command line option help and exit.
- -v, --version
- Display the version number of the utility.
/var/ggzd/player.db - player registry
/etc/ggzd/ggzd.conf - ggzd SQL database server configuration
The GGZ Development Team <[email protected]>