SYNOPSISgjay [-a file] [-c color] [-d] [-f] file] [-l length] [-p] [-s] [-u] [-v verbosity] [-P]
DESCRIPTIONgjay (Gtk+ DJ) analyzes and categorizes collections of MP3, OGG, FLAC and WAV music files so that interesting playlists can be generated. Each song is assigned characteristics (BPM and spectrum) and user-assigned attributes (rating and color). "Color" is just a handy way for a user to describe a song.
gjay has both a user-visible interface and a background processing component. The user-visible component is used to select the base music directory, set song attributes, and generate playlists. The background component (the daemon) analyzes songs.
Song analysis can take a while. After the base music directory has been set and the daemon has started its analysis, it is possible to quit the user interface portion of the program and allow the daemon to continue in the background. GJay can be started in daemon mode by passing -d, in which case it runs until song analysis is complete. It's OK to kill or ctrl+c to quit a running daemon; it saves data as it goes along.
You can create playlists from within the GJay or from the command line. If you generate a playlist from the command line, the previous session's playlist preferences for the importance of various attributes will be used.
- -a file, --analyze-standalone=file
- Run the analysis daemon on file and then exit. Print the results of analyzing a file to stdout. Does not consult existing file data.
- -a color, --color=color
- Start the playlist with the initial color of color. color can either be one of the named colors or a hex tuple in the format of 0xRRGGBB.
- -d, --daemon
- Run gjay as a daemon only with no GUI frontend.
- -f file, --file=file
- Start the playlist with file.
- -l minutes, --length=minutes
- Override the playlist length, the default is set in the preferences.
- -s, --skip-verification
- Skip file verification.
- -u, --m3u-playlist
- When generating a playlist, make it in the m3u format.
- -v verbosity, --verbose=verbosity
- Set the level of how verbose gjay is.
- -P, --player-start
- Start the music player after making a playlist.
- -V, --version
- Show the version and copyright information for the program.