SYNOPSISgmemusage [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONGmemusage is modelled after the program of the same name on Silicon Graphics' workstations. Gmemusage graphically displays the contents of memory on a running system, broken up by individual processes. The display is a stacked bar graph with the height of an area representing the RSS size of the corresponding process. In addition, the process name, number of processes with that name and the size (in kilobytes) are shown.
Processes which take up less memory than a (user-specifiable) threshhold are merged into a single area on the graph. Multiple processes with the same name are merged into a single area.
While running, gmemusage accepts the following keys:
- Q or q
- Exit the program.
- Up Arrow
- Increase the minimum threshhold by 10 kb.
- Down Arrow
- Decrease the minimum threshhold by 10 kb.
- Other keys are (not-so-silently!) ignored.
OPTIONSGmemusage accepts the following command-line options (defaults in brackets):
- -name resourcename
- Class name to use for resources (Gmemusage)
- -display display
- X server to contact ($DISPLAY environment variable)
- -geometry geometry
- Initial window geometry (320x400)
- -font font
- Use font font for drawing text (fixed)
- -background color
- Color to use for window background (grey4)
- -update seconds
- Update interval (5 seconds)
- -threshhold kb
- Threshhold below which small processes are merged (400 kb)
- -ncolors #colors
- How many different colors to use (3)
- -color1 color
- Name of first color (red/maroon)
- -color2 color
- Name of second color (green/OliveDrab)
- -color3 color
- Name of third color (blue/SlateBlue)
- -color[4-9] color
- Names of remaining colors (undefined)
- Print a short help message.
RESOURCESGmemusage understands the following X resources. See the OPTIONS section for details of what they do.
- name (class Name)
- display (class Display)
- geometry (class Geometry)
- font (class Font)
- background (class Background)
- update (class Interval)
- threshhold (class Threshhold)
- ncolors (class NColors)
- color1 (class Color)
- color2 (class Color)
- color3 (class Color)
- color[4-9] (class Color)
BUGSSee the TODO file which comes with the distribution.
VERSIONGmemusage version 0.2, 1998/01/14
AUTHORRaju Mathur ([email protected]) aka OldMonk.
SITEThe canonical site for gmemusage is:
COPYRIGHTGmemusage is copyright (C) 1997, 1998 by Raju Mathur. See the file COPYING in the source directory for copyright information.