SYNOPSISgnumed [--quiet|debug] [--slave] [--text-domain=TEXTDOMAIN] [--log-file=FILE] [--conf-file=FILE] [--lang-gettext=LANGUAGE] [--ui=UI-TYPE] [--override-schema-check] [--local-import] [--help] [--version] [-V] [-h|?]
DESCRIPTIONGNUmed is a solution for keeping safe and medically sound electronic records on a patient's health. It primarily focuses on GP offices. It is released under the GPL.
GNUmed is written in Python with wxPython/wxWindows. Data is stored in a PostgreSQL database. Multiple clients can work with the same database at the same time.
- Be extra quiet and show only _real_ errors in the log.
Pre-set the [debug mode] checkbox in the login dialog
which controls increased verbosity in the log file.
Useful for, well, debugging :-) Slower, too.
- Pre-set the [enable remote control] checkbox in the login dialog to enable the XML-RPC remote control feature.
Enable HIPAA features with user workflow impact.
Those features which do not affect the workflow of the user are permanently enabled.
- Set this to change the name of the language file to be loaded. Note, this does not change the directory the file is searched in, only the name of the file where messages are loaded from. The standard textdomain is, of course, "gnumed.mo". You need only specify the base name of the file without the .mo extension.
- Use this to change the name of the log file. The default log file would be <~/.gnumed/gnumed.log>.
- Use configuration file FILE instead of searching for it in standard locations.
- Explicitly set the language to use in gettext translation. The very same effect can be achieved by setting the environment variable $LANG from a launcher script.
Explicitly set the user interface type. Omitting this argument will
default the interface to wxPython.
Valid values are:
wxp: wxPython Python client (default)
web: CherryPy web client
- Continue loading the client even if the database schema version and the client software version cannot be verified to be compatible.
- Skip checking for client updates. This is useful during development or when the update check URL is unavailable.
- At startup adjust the PYTHONPATH such that the GNUmed client is run from a local copy of the source tree rather than from a proper system-wide installation.
- --version, -V
- Show version information about the GNUmed client and the database it needs.
- --help, -h, or -?
Well, show this help.
- LANG, LC_MESSAGES, etc.
See gettext(1) for how the various locale related environment
- The system-wide configuration file.
- The user-specific configuration file.
The default log file.
A lot of functionality is still missing. However, to make up for that, we deliver a plethora of bugs for your amusement :-)
Use at your own risk. You have been warned. Take proper backups !