SYNOPSISgrdinfo grdfiles [ -C ] [ -D ] [ -F ] [ -L1 ] [ -L2 ] [ -M ] [ -V ]
DESCRIPTIONgrdinfo reads a 2-D binary grd file and reports various statistics for the (x,y,z) data in the grdfile. The output information contains the minimum/maximum values for x, y, and z, where the min/max of z occur, the x- and y-increments, and the number of x and y nodes, and [optionally] the mean, standard deviation, and/or the median, L1 scale of z, and number of nodes set to NaN.
The name of one or several 2-D grd files.
OPTIONSNo space between the option flag and the associated arguments.
Formats the report using tab-separated fields on a single line. The output is
w e s n z0 z1 dx dy nx ny [ x0 y0 x1 y1 ] [ med scale ] [ mean std rms] [n_nan].
The data in brackets are output only if the corresponding options
-M, -L1, -L2, and -M are used, respectively.
- Report grid domain and x/y-increments using dd:mm:ss[.fff] notation [Default is decimal]. Does not apply to the -C option.
- Report grid domain and x/y-increments world mapping format [Default is generic]. Does not apply to the -C option.
- Report median and L1 scale of z (L1 scale = 1.4826 * Median Absolute Deviation (MAD)).
- Report mean and standard deviation of z.
- Find and report the location of min/max z-values, and count and report the number of nodes set to NaN, if any.
- Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"].
EXAMPLESTo obtain all the information about the data set in file hawaii_topo.grd, try
grdinfo -L1 -L2 -M hawaii_topo.grd