SYNOPSISgrokevt-findlogs -? .PP grokevt-findlogs [-v] [-h] [-H] [-o offset] raw-file .SH DESCRIPTION grokevt-findlogs searches a raw binary file for event log records. It produces a simple comma-separated values (CSV) output to stdout which includes metadata and offsets of any hits. Using the metadata and offset/contiguity information, it should be easy to determine if the hits are false positives or not.
- The binary file to be searched.
- Prints a basic usage statement.
- Verbose mode. Prints status messages to stderr, which can be helpful for debugging. (Currently does nothing.)
- Prints a header row at the top of the CSV output containing labels for each column. (This is the default behavior.)
- Disables the printing of a header row. This is useful when grokevt-findlogs is used in a script.
- -o offset
- Begin search at this byte offset within the binary file.
BUGSProbably a few. This script has not been extensively tested with some guest platforms.
There are likely some speed improvements that could be made.
CREDITSWritten by Timothy D. Morgan
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Timothy D. Morgan
LICENSEPlease see the file "LICENSE" included with this software distribution.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License version 2 for more details.