DESCRIPTIONThe driver provides support for the FORE Systems ATM series 200 adapters. This driver will support up to eight devices in a system at any given time. The driver follows the AALI or FORE ATM Adaptation Layer Interface and as such will adhere to its specifications. The supported AALs include:
- FORE AAL 0: The cell service;
- FORE AAL 4: Version three and four of AAL;
- FORE AAL 5: Version five of AAL.
The driver supports traffic shaping for cards with firmware revisions of 4.X.X, see fore_dnld8. The following sysctls are recognized by the driver and may be used to enable or disable traffic shaping:
- hw.atm.hfa N .shape (0)
- Disable shaping on card number N
- hw.atm.hfa N .shape (1)
- Set one VCI to be traffic shaped on device N This will shape the first CBR VCI which is opened.
- hw.atm.hfa N .shape (2)
- Attempt to shape all VCIs on device N
The firmware should be loaded before using this driver, this can be an easy task if the fore_dnld8 utility is used. If the /etc/rc.d/atm1 file has been properly configured then the firmware update should be automatic.
HARDWAREThe driver supports the following adapters:
- FORE Systems PCA-200E ATM
- FORE Systems 200S
- FORE Systems 200
- "fore_cmd_drain: %s%d: GET_PROM failed"
- The driver failed to drain the PROM buffer.
- "fore initialization failed: intf=%s%d"
- Initialization of the card has failed.
- "fore initialization timed out: intf=%s%d"
- Initialization of the card has timed out.
- "hfa: version mismatch: fore=%d.%d kernel=%d.%d"
- A version mismatch error has occurred.
HISTORYThe driver was written by Network Computing Services, Inc. and added to Fx 3.0 by An Poul-Henning Kamp Aq [email protected] . This manual page first appeared in Fx 5.3 .
AUTHORSThis manual page was written by An Tom Rhodes Aq [email protected] .