SYNOPSIShtmake [htags options] [--url=base-url] [destdir]
DESCRIPTIONhtmake is a wrapper script that creates searchable hypertext from program source code and records information into a path database needed for a centralised search mechanism.
Prior to using this command you must have installed gsearch.cgi using the htconfig -I option and configured the location of the path database in htmake.conf
Before you can create the hypertext source you need to execute gtags(1) from the root directory of the source tree. htmake is then called from the same place.
OPTIONSThe following options will be passed to htags(1) if used.
- Make an alphabetical function index.
- Compress html. Use gzip(1) with .ghtml suffix.
- Compress html. Use gzip(1) with .html.gz suffix.
- -d tagdir, --tags=gtagsdbpath
- Specifies the directory in which GTAGS and GRTAGS exist. The default is the current directory.
- Use frames for definition index, file index and main view.
- Make a name tag for each line of hypertext created.
- Print out the line numbers.
- -t title
- The title of this hypertext. Defaults to the last component of the current path.
Specify the location search queries are submitted to.
Defaults to the value set in htmake.conf or to
The remaining options are more general or are passed to htconfig(1).
the base url for your new hypertext source.
For best results always use absolute url's here.
It defaults to file:/destdir
- The directory in which hypertext is generated. The default is ./HTML
- -v, --verbose
- Activate the inbuilt screen saver. Give your phosphors a workout.
EXAMPLES$ cd /usr/src/myprog
$ cd /usr/src/myprog
$ gtags -c
$ htmake -c --url=http://host/~user/prog/HTML \
BUGSAs a wrapper htmake gets to inherit bugs from other software too. Isn't life fun.
This is alpha software - expect anything!
AUTHORRon Lee <[email protected]>
CREDITSThanks to Shigio Yamaguchi <[email protected]> for creating GLOBAL and releasing it as free software.
A truly cool productivity tool!