i3-nagbar [-m <message>] [-b <button> <action>] [-t warning|error] [-f <font>] [-v]
- Display version number and exit.
- Display a short help-message and exit.
-t, --type type
- Display either a warning or error message. This only changes the color scheme for the i3-nagbar. Default: error.
-m, --message message
- Display message as text on the left of the i3-nagbar.
-f, --font font
- Select font that is being used.
-b, --button button action
- Create a button with text button. The action are the shell commands that will be executed by this button. Multiple buttons can be defined.
i3-nagbar is used by i3 to tell you about errors in your configuration file (for example). While these errors are logged to the logfile (if any), the past has proven that users are either not aware of their logfile or do not check it after modifying the configuration file.
i3-nagbar -m 'You have an error in your i3 config file!' \ -b 'edit config' 'i3-sensible-editor ~/.config/i3/config'
Michael Stapelberg and contributors