SYNOPSISifp command [arguments ...]
DESCRIPTIONifp lets you manage your music on an iRiver iFP music player acting in "Manager Mode". If your player is using "UMS Mode", then you don't need this program; it will appear as new drive when you plug it in.
This manual page documents the version of ifp included as an example application for the libifp library. The interface is intended to mimic the ifp binary found in the ifp-line binary package.
ifp can upload or download files or directories, delete or make directories on the device, format the device, or upgrade your firmware.
- ls [directory]
- List the files and directories on the device. The root directory is /. Directories are preceded with 'd' and other files with 'f'.
- Display total and free space on the device.
- upload localfile remotefile
- Copy the file named localfile to the iFP device, and name it remotefile. (This is like cp.)
- upload localfile remotedir
- Copy the file named localfile to the iFP device, into remotedir. (This is like cp.)
- upload localdir remotedir
- Copy the entire directory localdir to the device, into remotedir. This copies into a subdirectory, so upload foo / puts files from the directory foo info /foo on the device. (This is like cp -R.) This uploads the entire directory, not just audio files.
- put localfile | localdir
- Upload the file or directory to the device, with the same name it has locally. If a directory is given, it is put in /.
- download remotefile localfile
- download remotefile localdir
- download remotedir localdir
- Like upload, but copies from the iFP device to your system. Some proprietary file types may not be downloaded.
- get remotefile | remotedir
- Like put, but copies files or directories from the device to your current working directory.
- rm [-r] file
- Delete (recursively) a file (or directory) on the device.rmdir dir
- Delete an empty directory on the device.
- mkdir dir
- Create a directory on the device.
- Display battery status of the device.
- Display the model number of the device.
- Display the firmware revision currently on the device.
- Reformat the device's memory. This will delete all your music.
- firmupdate FIRMWARE.HEX
- Upload the file FIRMWARE.HEX as new firmware for the device. This will not delete your music, but may have many other detrimental effects. Don't turn the device off or unplug it while the firmware is updating, and don't attempt to upload new firmware with a low battery.
AUTHORSlibifp was written by Geoff Oakham, based on ifp by Yamashiro Jun. This manual page was written for Debian by Joe Wreschnig <[email protected]>, but may be used by others.