SYNOPSISimcadmin [ commands_filename ]
DESCRIPTIONimcadmin configures the local ION node's routing of bundles to endpoints whose IDs conform to the imc endpoint ID scheme. imc is a CBHE-conformant scheme; that is, every endpoint ID in the imc scheme is a string of the form "imc:group_number.service_number" where group_number (an IMC multicast group number) serves as a CBHE ``node number'' and service_number identifies a specific application processing point.
imcadmin operates in response to IMC scheme configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, imcadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from imcadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in imcrc(5).
- "0" Successful completion of IMC scheme administration.
- "1" Unsuccessful completion of IMC scheme administration, due to inability to attach to the Bundle Protocol system or to initialize the IMC scheme.
- Enter interactive IMC scheme configuration command entry mode.
- imcadmin host1.imcrc
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.ipnrc, then terminate immediately.
FILESSee imcrc(5) for details of the IMC scheme configuration commands.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the ipnrc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to imcadmin. Otherwise imcadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- imcadmin can't attach to BP.
- Bundle Protocol has not been initialized on this computer. You need to run bpadmin(1) first.
- imcadmin can't initialize routing database.
- There is no SDR data store for imcadmin to use. Please run ionadmin(1) to start the local ION node.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause imcadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see imcrc(5) for details.