SYNOPSISpackage require Tk
package require Img ?1.4?
DESCRIPTIONImg is a Tk extension, adding support for many other Image formats, as listed below. The individual formats are described in more detail on their own pages.
- Windows bitmap format. See img-bmp.
- DTED terrain elevation data interpreted as image. See img-dted.
- The venerable graphics interchange format (with transparency, but without LZW. The latter due to patent issues). See img-gif.
- Windows icon files. See img-ico.
- The format for lossy compressed still pictures specified by the Joint Picture Experts Group. See img-jpeg.
- Paintbrush image format. See img-pcx.
- While the other formats are handlers for the Tk photo image type this is a new image type for Tk. See img-pixmap.
- Portable Network Graphics, successor to GIF. See img-png.
- Portable Pixmaps. See img-ppm.
- Postscript and PDF (Portable document format). Requires an external application, ghostview, for its operation. See img-ps.
- Raw matrix data interpreted as image. See img-raw.
- Native SGI format. See img-sgi.
- Sun raster images. See img-sun.
- Targa files. See img-tga.
- Tagged Interchange File Format. See img-tiff.
- Put the content of a Tk window into an image. See img-window.
- X Bitmaps. See img-xbm.
- X Pixmaps. See img-xpm.
This version only works with Tcl/Tk 8.3 or higher. If you are using Tk 8.2, please use Img 1.3. If you are using Tk 8.1 or lower please stick with Img 1.2.4 (which is still available). And if you are using Tk4.2 or lower, please stick with Img 1.1.4 (which is also still available).
KEYWORDSbmp, gif, ico, image handling, jpeg, pcx, pdf, pixmap, png, postscript, ppm, ps, sgi, sun, tga, tiff, tk, window, xbm, xpm
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Jan Nijtmans <[email protected]>