DESCRIPTIONipnadminep is a background ``daemon'' task that receives and processes administrative bundles (all custody signals and, nominally, all bundle status reports) that are sent to the IPN-scheme administrative endpoint on the local ION node, if and only if such an endpoint was established by bpadmin. It is spawned automatically by bpadmin in response to the 's' (START) command that starts operation of Bundle Protocol on the local ION node, and it is terminated by bpadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. ipnadminep can also be spawned and terminated in response to START and STOP commands that pertain specifically to the IPN scheme.
ipnadminep responds to custody signals as specified in the Bundle Protocol specification, RFC 5050. It responds to bundle status reports by logging ASCII text messages describing the reported activity.
- ipnadminep terminated, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use bpadmin to restart ipnadminep.
- ipnadminep was unable to attach to Bundle Protocol operations or was unable to load the IPN scheme database, probably because bpadmin has not yet been run.
FILESNo configuration files are needed.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSThe following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file:
- ipnadminep can't attach to BP.
- bpadmin has not yet initialized BP operations.
- ipnadminep can't load routing database.
- ipnadmin has not yet initialized the IPN scheme.
- ipnadminep crashed.
- An unrecoverable database error was encountered. ipnadminep terminates.