SYNOPSISIn sys/param.h In sys/linker.h Ft int Fn kldload const char *file
DESCRIPTIONThe Fn kldload system call loads a kld file into the kernel using the kernel linker.
RETURN VALUESThe Fn kldload system call returns the fileid of the kld file which was loaded into the kernel. If an error occurs, Fn kldload will return -1 and set errno to indicate the error.
ERRORSThe named file is loaded unless:
- Bq Er EPERM
- You do not have access to read the file or link it with the kernel. You should be the root user to be able to use the kld system calls.
- Bq Er EFAULT
- Bad address encountered when adding kld info into the kernel space.
- Bq Er ENOMEM
- There is no memory to load the file into the kernel.
- Bq Er ENOENT
- The file was not found.
- Bq Er ENOEXEC
- The file format of Fa file was unrecognized.
- Bq Er EEXIST
- The supplied Fa file has already been loaded.
HISTORYThe kld interface first appeared in Fx 3.0 .