SYNOPSISesorex kmo_rotate [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
DESCRIPTIONThis recipe rotates a cube spatially (CCW). If the rotation angle isn't a multiple of 90 degrees, the output cube will be interpolated and get larger accordingly.
By default all IFUs will be rotated.
BASIC PARAMETERS--rotations This parameter must be supplied. It contains the amount of rotation to apply.
The unit is in degrees. If it contains one value (e.g. “3.5”) all IFUs are rotated by the same amount. If 24 values are supplied each IFU is rotated individually (e.g. “2.3;15.7;…;-3.3”).
The interpolation method to apply when rotating an angle not being a multiple
of 90. There are two methods available:
* BCS: Bicubic spline
* NN: Nearest Neighbor (currently disabled)
--ifu If a single IFU should be rotated, it can be defined using the --ifu parameter (--rotations parameter contains only one value).
ADVANCED PARAMETERS--flux Specify if flux conservation should be applied.
--extrapolate By default the output frame grows when rotating an angle not being a multiple of 90. In this case none of the input data is lost. When it is desired to keep the same size as the input frame this parameter can be set to TRUE and the data will be clipped.
category Type Explanation Required #Frames
-------- ----- ----------- -------- -------
<none or any> F3I data frame Y 1
category Type Explanation
-------- ----- -----------
ROTATE F3I Rotated data cube
- --imethod <str>
- Method to use for interpolation: ["BCS" (bicubic spline, default), "NN" (nearest neighbor), not implemented yet] (str; default: 'BCS'). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is kmos.kmo_rotate.imethod [default = BCS].
- --extrapolate <bool>
- Applies only when rotation angle is different from multiples of 90 degrees: FALSE: Output IFU will be larger than the input (Default), TRUE: The size of input and output IFU remains the same. Data will be clipped. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is kmos.kmo_rotate.extrapolate [default = False].
- --rotations <str>
- The rotations for all specified IFUs. "rot1;rot2;..." (degrees) (str; default: ''). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is kmos.kmo_rotate.rotations [default = ].
- --ifu <long>
- The IFU to rotate [1 to 24] or rotate all IFUs [0, default]. (long; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is kmos.kmo_rotate.ifu [default = 0].
- --flux <bool>
Apply flux conservation: (TRUE (apply) or FALSE (don't apply) (bool;
default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration
file is kmos.kmo_rotate.flux [default = False].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
AUTHORAlex Agudo Berbel <[email protected]>
BUG REPORTSPlease report any problems to [email protected] Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <[email protected]>.
LICENSEThis file is part of the CRIRES Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2002,2003 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA