PMU name: amd64_k7
PMU desc: AMD64 K7
DESCRIPTIONThe library supports AMD K7 processors in both 32 and 64-bit modes. They correspond to processor family 6.
MODIFIERSThe following modifiers are supported on AMD64 K7 processors:
- Measure at user level which includes privilege levels 1, 2, 3. This corresponds to PFM_PLM3. This is a boolean modifier.
- Measure at kernel level which includes privilege level 0. This corresponds to PFM_PLM0. This is a boolean modifier.
- Invert the meaning of the event. The counter will now count cycles in which the event is not occurring. This is a boolean modifier
- Enable edge detection, i.e., count only when there is a state transition. This is a boolean modifier.
- Set the counter mask value. The mask acts as a threshold. The counter will count the number of cycles in which the number of occurrences of the event is greater or equal to the threshold. This is an integer modifier with values in the range [0:255].