$curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar'
$code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur'
@codes = all_currency_codes();
@names = all_currency_names();
DESCRIPTIONThe "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217.
Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used.
SUPPORTED CODE SETSThere are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module.
For example, the two are equivalent:
$curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA);
The codesets currently supported are:
- alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA
This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such
as EUR for Euro.
Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted.
This is the default code set.
- num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC
- This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217.
- code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] [,'retired'])
- currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] [,'retired'])
- currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 )
- all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] [,'retired'])
- all_currency_names ( [CODESET] [,'retired'])
- Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] )
- Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] )
- Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] )
- Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME )
- Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME )
- Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] )
- Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] )
- Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] )
- These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page.
AUTHORSee Locale::Codes for full author history.
Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck ([email protected]).
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2015 Sullivan Beck
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.